Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Is it 1960 or 2010?

I seems like we're having a blast from the past-- with 60s inspired style coming from all different directions!


60s Supermodel- Jean Shrimpton in a ruffle bustier. It seems that this may have influenced Prada's Fall 2010 ready-to-wear collection. (Miranda Kerr)





Lindsey Wixson, in the Miu Miu 2010 ad campaigns really reminded me of 60s supermodel twiggy, with the innocent, doll-like face, skinny legs and eyes that pop with thick eyeliner and thick lashes. But it wasn't only the model that made Miu Miu go 60s, it was the actual collection- with mini-skirts, fun prints and amazing platform shoes!

I belive the Missoni 2011 Resort collection is pretty self-explanatory. The tribal prints, graphic prints, scarves, jewerly and hats-- it's all like a big 60s mash-up...(but an awesome one).

Which also reminds me of the Chanel 2011 Resort Collection- that had a HUGE, and I say HUGE 60s vibe:


I now rest my case!

No comments:

Post a Comment